Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yinzers Like Mexican Food Too

Posted by Nichole Leigh

Yeah, we totally like that stuff too. But, unlike my darling co-author, we don't have a particularly vibrant Mexican food scene. There are a couple of places here and there, certainly... but for the most part us Burgh residents are left to our own devices when it comes to cuisine inspired by the fare south of the border.


So, Veggie Horizon's readers.... I'm going to share my taco secret with you. The following is my super duper secret taco seasoning recipe. I make it in bulk and use it on crumbled tofu, tempeh, and all sorts of beans. The cocoa gives it a rich, deep flavor, but  (I promise) will not make your tacos taste like chocolate.


Combine:
1 part cumin powder
1 part red pepper flakes
1 part ground black pepper
1 part ginger powder
1 part chili powder
1 part coriander powder
1 part ground paprika
1 part salt
2 parts Cayenne pepper powder
2 parts dried oregano
2 parts dark cocoa powder


No comments:

Post a Comment